Note: Click here if you are setting up your Ring Group in Account Manager, the legacy version of 8x8 Admin Console.
To learn how to set up Ring Groups in 8x8 Admin Console.
For basic information on Ring Groups, see What is a Ring Group and what can I do with it?
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Ring Groups
Try It Live
Click here for a live, step-by-step walkthrough of this process! (Requires login.)
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Click Ring Group.
- Click Create Ring Group.
- Enter your Ring Group details. The following values are required to create a Ring Group:
- Group Name
- Extension Number
- Ring Group Caller ID
- Cycles (how many times the call will cycle through the ring group before going to voicemail)
- Total time to alert a member (How long to ring a member (Max 180 seconds) before going to the next member or to the "When no answer rule")
- Voicemail Password (this password is specific to the Ring Group Voicemail)
- Set the extension number by entering in an available extension number or clicking Suggest to have an extension suggested for you.
- You can choose any of the following options to serve as the Ring Group Caller ID:
- Ring Group Name and Caller's Number
- Caller's Name and Caller's Number
- Ring Group Name and the Ring Group Extension
- Caller's Name and Dialed Number
- Set a value for the number of Cycles your call will go through to your Ring Group before it is routed to voicemail.
- Create your Ring Group Voicemail Password by entering a password that is 6 to 15 digits long. The numbers in your password cannot be sequential.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen. You should see a green banner at the top of your screen that states "Your Ring Group has been successfully created."
Calls that are offered from a Ring Group will ignore any forwarding rules configured for the Ring Group member's extension. This prevents calls from being automatically answered by a Ring Group member's voicemail, forwarded to unintended recipients, and sent through possibly problematic call flows.
A video guide is also available below:
For a complete guide to setting up your Ring Group go to 8x8 Admin Console > Help > Set up Ring Group.
A copy of a Ring Group can be made by cloning.