Setting up your voicemail system in Virtual Office Configuration Manager, and changing voicemail settings or greetings from your phone or mobile application.
- Configuration Manager
System administrators can configure voicemail settings for any extension in Virtual Office Configuration Manager. Individual extension users can change their voicemail settings in Virtual Office Desktop. Changes can be made to voicemail settings on the phone through the voicemail options audio menu only after the initial voicemail password has been set up in Virtual Office Configuration Manager or Virtual Office Desktop.
Please note that there is no default voicemail password. If you have forgotten your password, you can reconfigure it in Virtual Office Desktop, or contact your system administrator.
Changing Voicemail Settings in VO Configuration Manager
- Log in to VO Configuration Manager.
- Click Users.
- Find the user profile for whom you want to edit voicemail settings.
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the user profile.
- Go to Voicemail settings.
- To set your first and last name for your voicemail greeting, follow the instructions here.
- Enter the email that you wish to receive voicemail alerts.
- Select one of the following notification settings:
- Disable Notification (disable email notification)
- Attachment only (receive an email with the audio file attached)
- Attachment only and delete original voicemail (this will delete the original voicemail from your extension)
- Notification only (required for Voicemail Transcription feature)
- [Optional] Click Reset access PIN to set a numeric code for accessing your voicemail via your desk phone.
- [Optional] Enable or disable Custom 0 dial out to allows callers to reach your voicemail can dial 0 and be redirected to any destination you specify.
- Click Save.
Changing Voicemail Settings or Greetings from Your Phone or Mobile App
Note: Voicemail cannot be configured in the settings of 8x8’s Virtual Office Mobile App. You may use the app to call in to your voicemail from your extension, then change your settings using the audio menu as described below.
- Access the voicemail system:
- From your own extension
Dial 555 and enter your voicemail password, followed by the # key.
- From another extension in your system
Dial 500, enter your extension number, then enter your voicemail password, followed by the # key.
- From your own extension
- Press the * key to enter the Main Menu. Note: If you have no saved voicemail messages, you should enter the Main Menu automatically. You can skip this step.
- From the Main Menu:
- Press # to set your voicemail password for the first time.
- Press 1 to listen to your messages.
- Press 2 to change your greeting. Options include using just your first and last name; setting distinct internal (on-network) and external (off-network) greetings; and changing greetings to be used at certain times or occasions.
- Press 3 to change user preference options. Options include: change voicemail password; call waiting preferences; busy handling; ring no answer handling; Internet outage routing; and email notification preferences.
- Press 4 to establish or change call forwarding rules. Options include: listen to, set, change, or cancel call forwarding rules.
- Press 5 to set a specific greeting for business hours, after business hours, lunchtime, meeting, weekend, and vacation.
- Press 6 to enable or disable “announcement only” mode (e.g., your vacation greeting).
- Press 9 to exit voicemail.
For a downloadable Quick Reference Guide to the voicemail phone menu, click here.