Import customer data into local CRM
- Virtual Contact Center
If you have customer data in a CSV file, you can import this data to your 8x8 Contact Center customer file using the Imports tab of the CRM page. To import data from a CSV file, map each column name from the CSV file to an existing customer contact field. If you have additional fields that do not map to the existing fields in the contact record, you must create custom fields to hold this data.
The data import feature allows a maximum of 50,000 records to be loaded per session, and the records are loaded in increments of 100. Use the Imports tab to view the progress of the current import, including error message for records that cannot be loaded.
To prevent any failure, complete the following tasks before importing:
- Match the columns in the CSV file with the existing CRM fields.
- Create custom fields for additional fields in the CRM page.
- Verify that the email information is unique for each record.
- Confirm that the records with picklist values match the picklist values defined in the CRM field of the picklist data type.
- Enter dates in MM/DD/YYYY format.
- Verify you have data for all mandatory fields, such as First Name and Last Name.
- Confirm the data length of the mapping column in the CSV file matches the data length of the mapped customer field in the CRM.
The following table provides the data length of the CRM customer fields:
To import customer data into Local CRM:
- From the Configuration Menu, open CRM.
- Go to the Import tab.
- Click Choose Files to select the Comma-Separated Value (CSV) file containing your customer information from your file system.
- Click Next.
The mapping screen appears. This screen allows you to map a column in the CSV file to a field in the customer file of the 8x8 Contact Center CRM. The column names from the CSV file are available in the pull-down menu, as shown below. Select a column name of the CSV file from the pull-down menu, and map it to the matching field in the 8x8 Contact Center customer file.
- Click Next.
The summary page opens and shows the mappings selected.
- Click Start to initiate the import.
Click Back to modify the settings.
On initiating the import, the progress is displayed on the screen. The import is committed to the database in increments of 100 records at a time. Statistics about the import are displayed as well.
- You can save the import report on the local file system.