Salesforce error when click the phone icon to call with 8x8 Contact Center gets an error that reads, "...NAxx.salesforce.com refused to connect."
How to Reproduce the Error
- Log into Salesforce.
- Click on phone icon in the bottom right.
- A prompt opens, “Do you want to open 8x8 Contact Center?”.
- Click Yes.
- An error opens saying, “NAxx.salesforce.com refused to connect”, where ‘NAxx’ is the 8x8 cluster for your 8x8 Contact Center account.
The same error occurs after you clear cache and cookies.
- 8x8 Contact Center
Disable pop-up blockers, or enable exceptions for Salesforce.
- In Salesforce, got to the Service panel.
- At the top of the left pane, look for Click here to launch the 8x8 Contact Center interface.
- Click the red link Click here.
- In the Chrome browser at the right end of the address bar, a blocked popup icon appears.
- Click the blocked popup, the 8x8 Contact Center URL is shown as blocked.
- The URL will be similar to this: https://vcc-naxx.8x8.com/AGUI/login...tenantname%
- Select to allow the 8x8 Contact Center URL.
- In Salesforce, got back to the Service panel.
- At the top of the left pane, Click here to launch the 8x8 Contact Center interface, click the red link Click here.
- Salesforce prompts to allow the 8x8 Contact Center URL, click Allow.
The Chrome popup blocker has blocked the 8x8 Contact Center Agent popup.