This guide will cover how to configure your Agent Handover nodes in your Cognigy flows to pass an interaction to a live agent on 8x8 Contact Center.
- 8x8 Contact Center
- Intelligent Customer Assistant (ICA)
- Open your 8x8 Configuration Manager.
- Go to the Integration tab and click on Webhooks, then add a new webhook.
- Enter the Webhook name and enter the URL of the instance of Cognigy you are pointing to:
- Trial - https://endpoint-trial.cognigy.ai/handover/eightByEight
- UK - https://endpoint-app-uk.cognigy.ai/handover/eightByEight
- US - https://endpoint-app-us.cognigy.ai/handover/eightByEight
- APAC - https://endpoint-au-02.cognigy.ai/handover/eightByEight
- EU - https://endpoint-app.cognigy.ai/handover/eightByEight
- In the Chat API Version field, select Chat Gateway v1.0.
- Click Test Connection to ensure it has been entered correctly and is working.
- Click Save.
- Go to the Channels tab.
- Click on Chat API and create a new channel.
- Enter the channel name and a description of the channel.
- Select the webhook you just created.
- Choose the queue you wish to handover chat sessions to. This is a default queue that will be handed over to if the handover to a different queue doesn’t work. You can create a handover event to any standard chat queue.
- Click Save.
- Make a note of the Channel ID of the Chat API channel you just created.
- Go to the Cognigy platform.
- Click on the agent you need to handover to 8x8.
- Expand the Build tab and click on Flows.
- Edit the flow you require to handover to a Contact Center queue.
- Within your flow, find where you need the handover to occur and add a Handover to Agent node by clicking on the + button. From the menu that appears, you can type handover in the search bar to find the node.
- Click on the Handover to Agent node to edit its settings.
- Scroll down to the 8x8 Settings and enter in the Channel ID and Queue ID that you wish to hand the chat over to.
- Click Save Node.
Note: that the JSON parameters for passing attached data to 8x8 currently do not work and need to be done by a conversation gateway API call.