Using Star Code call monitoring with Fuze services.
- Call Monitoring
Star Code call monitoring allows you to listen in on a live call using your desk phone, Fuze Desktop softphone, or Fuze Mobile application. Only one of your agents extensions can be monitored at a time. Only your administrator can change the line that is being monitored.
Call Monitoring Modes
Fuze offers the following modes for call monitoring:
- Spy: Also known as Mute. It allows you to listen in on an active call without the user being monitored or the far end of the call knowing.
- Whisper: Also known as Coaching. It allows you to speak to the user being monitored without the far end of the call hearing.
- Barge: It allows you to create a 3-way conference call where you can speak to the user being monitored as well as the far end of the call.
Monitoring a Call
To monitor a live call:
- Dial *888 from your device.
- The system will notify you of the extension you are calling from.
- Press # if this is your extension or if you're calling from a different Fuze number. Enter your extension, then press #.
- Enter the extension you are monitoring.
- Enter your voicemail PIN.
- You are now monitoring the call in Spy mode.
Toggling Between Call Monitoring Modes
To toggle between call monitoring modes:
- Press 4 to Spy
- Press 5 to Whisper
- Press 6 to Barge