As of October 21, 2021, 8x8 has implemented automated tracking of status changes in phone number porting request cases.
This means that when you create number porting cases on or after October 21, 2021 to transfer your phone number(s) from another telephony provider to your 8x8 service, you will immediately see the results of changes made to the status of your requests in the 8x8 Customer Support Portal.
See How do I track the progress of my port request? below for instruction on reviewing your number transfer requests.
Additional articles about 8x8 Number Transfer processes are in the Number Transfer Support Directory.
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Local Number Portability (LNP)
- Number Porting/Transfers
What to Expect
- Improved visibility of the number porting status, ease of access, and greater organization.
- All communication regarding your port status will automatically be sent to you through your porting request case(s).
- Multiple number porting requests will be bundled together in one case, under the following conditions:
- Requests must all be submitted within the same 24 hour period.
- All porting numbers reside with the same telephony carrier.
- All porting numbers are of the same type (Local OR Toll-Free, but not both).
- All porting numbers are in the same country.
- All number transfer requests use the same porting method (manual vs automatic).
- All number transfer requests have the same contact email distribution list.
- Faster request processing times. Note that this new process generally improves 8x8's handling of your requests. However, overall processing time is still dependent on customer and carrier response times during the number transfer process.
Is there anything I need to do?
No action is required on your part. Update information will automatically be available to you in your number transfer support cases.
Once you place your number porting order from the 8x8 Admin Console, a Support case will automatically be created. After that, any time a change in status occurs, you'll immediately be notified in your case and by email.
How do I track the progress of my port request?
As with all of your Support cases, you can view the progress of your number transfer requests in the 8x8 Customer Support portal.
To log into the 8x8 Customer Support portal:
- First, log into 8x8 SSO.
- From the 8x8 Application Panel, click on My 8x8.
- Then click on Support to see your cases.
- Set Filter By to My Open Cases, if it isn't already. You will be shown a list of any currently open cases.
- Click on the Case ID of the Number transfer request case in question.
A listing of Case Information and LNP Requests (number transfer requests) added to the case will appear.
The Status of specific requests is located in the LNP Requests > Request Stage field. One of several messages will appear:
- 8x8 Action Needed
- Awaiting Losing Provider
- Specific error messages relating to issues with your request.
- Finally, click on LNP Requests > View Details to open details about a specific request.
Once the number transfer process is complete, your case will be updated and resolved, and you will receive an email notification to let you know.