Description & Download
Virtual Office Desktop is a comprehensive unified communications application that integrates a business softphone with visual voicemail, corporate directory, instant messaging, presence, video calling, fax, call recording, and web conferencing—all in a standalone desktop application. Click the buttons below to Download Virtual Office Desktop for your Windows or Mac computer.
EXE version for per-user deployment: For users that have their own machines and can install upgrades on their own without their company controlling the updates they install. (Learn more.)
MSI for machine-wide installation: Installs VOD machine-wide to the Program Files folder. Best for companies that want to control the version that their users receive. (Learn more.) If the file downloads as a .exe, remove the .exe and try to download again.
What's new in this release?
The key features in Virtual Office Desktop v 6.0 are:
- Exclusively based on New Experience user interface & web technology
- Simplified Installation & upgrade for end users
- New Meeting user interface
- Improved Messaging capabilities
- New plug-in dependencies
Improved Messaging Capabilities
The new Messaging capabilities with VOD 6.0 are:
- In App notifications: Within the VOD app, users can see a visual indicator of any new messages that may have arrived since they last viewed that conversation, on the current conversation window header. Pale yellow indicates new messages in Room conversations, and dark yellow indicates new messages in 1:1 conversations.
- Three tabs in Messaging: Users have three tabs to manage their 1:1, Rooms conversations, and a combined view to see all conversations ordered by Read status followed by recency.
- Jump to First Unread: Users are able to Jump to First Unread and also mark all messages as read within the conversation.
- Get details of Shared Room: If you have set up a Room to connect to another messaging service through Sameroom Tubes, use the Info option on Room info to view the details of the Shared room.
Known Issues & Limitations
- While listening to audio from another application, the audio volume increases when selecting audio and video option from VOD
- Two VOD 6.0 builds installed after upgrading an installed .msi with a .exe installer.
Resolution: Uninstall the older version. We recommend you install the new build using the same mechanism that was used to install the previous build.
- On upgrading from a version earlier than VOD 5.9, users will be prompted to upgrade to 5.9, but will actually be upgraded to VOD 6.0.
- If the user is a non-admin on a Windows machine they will be able to install VOD 6.0, but will be unable to uninstall the previous version because their account requires admin privileges to uninstall VOD 5.x builds. As a result of this, users will be left with two VOD versions on their computer.
Resolution: Use an account with elevated privileges, or contact your IT admin to uninstall the older version.
- VOD doesn't handle multiple desktop switching or respond to desktop assignment correctly and always opens on the default desktop screen.
- Switching the computer locale to Swedish/Sweden, Spanish/Latin America shows the Accounts settings page in English.
- On attempting to do a search after joining a meeting, the Search page doesn't open on the first attempt but instead returns to the Meetings page.
Resolution: Attempt to do the search again.
- VO Editions users accessing Settings > Account Settings are redirected within the app to an online page in Virtual Office Configuration Manager, which may require the user to log in once again.
- In rare cases, when a user is logged in on a second computer, they are not logged out from the previous computer they may have been logged into, causing them to be logged out from the second session periodically.
Workaround: Log out from the first computer.
- Clicking on a large picture sent within a conversation window to view the image results in no image being displayed.
Workaround: Sign out and sign in to view the image.
- Whiteboard is no longer available with new meeting user interface.
- When using integrations for Microsoft Outlook and Skype for Business, ensure to have the correct software downloaded, as different versions of the integrations are required for VOD 6.0 and VOD 5.9 and earlier.
Resolution: For VOD 6.0, download and install the respective plug-ins for meetings with Outlook, for calling with Outlook, and for calling with Skype for Business.
- The focus of this release was to reduce dependency on Adobe Air. Some issues with meetings may remain until a future update.
- Mac users are unable to select VOD as default calling method in Facetime. This is resolved in a future build.
Last updated: 2/22/19
Version: 6.0 Build 492
Download for Windows
VOD 6.0 provides two packages for Windows. The two packages are fundamentally different, using different deployment and update mechanisms. We recommend reading the following carefully before using either of them.
EXE version for per-user deployment
The EXE version is meant for users that have their own machines and can install upgrades on their own without their company controlling the updates they install.
What to consider
- EXE version will be installed to %LOCALAPPDATA%.
- Automatic updates are downloaded and installed for the user. In previous 5.x versions, users were prompted to install the update.
- No need for maintenance — VOD will keep itself up-to-date and secure.
- VOD will check for updates every time the user sign in or once every 24 hours or when they check for updates manually. The updates are downloaded in the background without user intervention
- If there is an update to be installed, VOD will apply the update automatically when the user signs into VOD. If the user has not installed an update three days after it was downloaded, they will see a Relaunch to Install banner. They can click the Relaunch to Install link and install the update.
MSI for machine-wide installation
The Windows Installer file (MSI) package installs Virtual Office Desktop (VOD) machine-wide to the Program Files folder. By installing in the Program Files folder, it can be used by multiple users on one computer.
This package is best for companies that want to control the version that their users receive.
Download for Mac
Click the button below to download and install Virtual Office Desktop for macOS (DMG file).
- For issues with installation on Windows, try running Microsoft's Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter.
- After installing or starting Virtual Office Desktop, if you see an error message about a missing file such as MSVCR100.dll or mfc100.dll, click here to install the required file from Microsoft.