Description & Download
Virtual Office Desktop is a comprehensive unified communications application that integrates a business softphone with visual voicemail, corporate directory, instant messaging, presence, video calling, fax, call recording, and web conferencing—all in a standalone desktop application. Click the buttons below to Download Virtual Office Desktop for your Windows or Mac computer.
EXE version for per-user deployment: For users that have their own machines and can install upgrades on their own without their company controlling the updates they install. (Learn more.)
MSI for machine-wide installation: Installs VOD machine-wide to the Program Files folder. Best for companies that want to control the version that their users receive. (Learn more.) If the file downloads as a .exe, remove the .exe and try to download again.
What's new in this release?
Virtual Office Desktop Client
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Call transfer improvements
- Editions and X Series users can now filter based on Site information within the Company Contacts list
- Caller info popup On Answer or On Ring
- Ability to edit and delete messages you previously sent.
- Updated description of a Public Room to help first-time users.
- Instrumentation for performance metrics
- Resolves some issues with app stability
- Virtual Office Desktop can now be configured as the default app for calls through Facetime.
- On launching a Virtual Meeting from Google calendar and having Virtual Office Desktop running on a second desktop, the focus will automatically switch to the Meeting running on VOD on the second desktop.
- Extension number is formatted correctly for users on an International PBX.
- If a user tries to warm transfer a call to a user that has recording enabled, the call will properly end for the user and no longer persist after transfer.
- Stability and Instrumentation fixes.
- Fixes VOD being automatically logged out when signed in VO Mobile in some network environments.
- Presence issues affecting some users running VOD 6.1.1.
- Fix for maintaining the call using setting after logout/restart.
- Users on mobile are unable to edit or delete messages. Users will need to exit and return to the room to view the edited or deleted messages that are in their conversation view.
- If you are experiencing outbound audio call issues on your Mac computer, restart the audio service by running the command: sudo killall coreaudiod and restarting Virtual Office Desktop client.
- If you are using the localized Portuguese Virtual Office Desktop client, you will notice the menu bar appears extended when in Compact mode.
Workaround: Change to Expanded view mode by choosing View > Expanded mode from the top menu bar.
- User cannot re-establish meeting audio connection if he answered an incoming call by choosing “End and Answer” while in a meeting.
Workaround: Choose “view only” under “Audio Options” and then switch back to join Audio on the device you choose to.
Last updated: 5/3/19
Version: 6.1.2 Build 6
Download for Windows
VOD provides two packages for Windows. The two packages are fundamentally different, using different deployment and update mechanisms. We recommend reading the following carefully before using either of them.
EXE version for per-user deployment
The EXE version is meant for users that have their own machines and can install upgrades on their own without their company controlling the updates they install.
What to consider
- EXE version will be installed to %LOCALAPPDATA%.
- Automatic updates are downloaded and installed for the user. In previous 5.x versions, users were prompted to install the update.
- No need for maintenance — VOD will keep itself up-to-date and secure.
- VOD will check for updates every time the user sign in or once every 24 hours or when they check for updates manually. The updates are downloaded in the background without user intervention
- If there is an update to be installed, VOD will apply the update automatically when the user signs into VOD. If the user has not installed an update three days after it was downloaded, they will see a Relaunch to Install banner. They can click the Relaunch to Install link and install the update.
MSI for machine-wide installation
The Windows Installer file (MSI) package installs Virtual Office Desktop (VOD) machine-wide to the Program Files folder. By installing in the Program Files folder, it can be used by multiple users on one computer.
This package is best for companies that want to control the version that their users receive.
Download for Mac
Click the button below to download and install Virtual Office Desktop for macOS (DMG file).
- For issues with installation on Windows, try running Microsoft's Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter.
- After installing or starting Virtual Office Desktop, if you see an error message about a missing file such as MSVCR100.dll or mfc100.dll, click here to install the required file from Microsoft.