Note: To create user profiles in Account Manager, the legacy version of Virtual Office Configuration Manager, click here.
If you haven't already claimed phone numbers for your 8x8 services, see this article for more information: How do I claim phone numbers in Virtual Office Configuration Manager?
Creating a user profile in Virtual Office Configuration Manager allows you to assign extensions to users. To add an extension in Configuration Manager, first set up a user profile.
Adding an Individual User Profile
- Log in to VO Configuration Manager.
- Click Users.
- On the Users page, click Create User.
- Under Basic Information, complete the required fields.
- First name
- Last name
- Select the Site for the user from the Site drop-down.
- Optional—Click Show More and enter the following:
- Job Title
- Address where the user will primarily be using 8x8 services
- Personal Contact Number
- To move on to assigning Services and Extensions, see How Do I Assign User Services and Extensions in Virtual Office Configuration Manager. Otherwise, click Save.
Adding User Profiles in Bulk
- From the Users page, click Bulk Upload.
- Download either the Basic or Advanced template. Note: The Advanced user template shows which fields are required and which fields are optional.
- Enter multiple users' information into the downloaded.CSV template.
- Save the template and drag and drop or upload it to VO Configuration Manager.
- Click Upload & process.