Claim phone numbers in 8x8 Admin Console.
In 8x8 Admin Console, you need to claim a registered 8x8 phone number in order to assign it to a user.
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Phone Numbers
Try It Live
Click here for a live, step-by-step walkthrough of this process! (Requires login.)
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Select Phone Numbers.
- To add a new phone number, select Claim Phone Number.
- Select the Country and the Number Type for the phone number you wish to claim. The Number Type field allows you to choose whether this number will be a Toll-Free number or a Regular number, depending on the service of your plan. You can see how many available Regular and Toll-Free numbers you have at the top of the Claim Phone Numbers screen.
- You can then filter by Number or by Location. Filtering by number allows you to search for any phone number that Starts with, Ends with, or Contains your desired string of numbers. To filter by Location, select your location from the drop-down. Click Search to bring up any available phone numbers that match your search parameters.
- Your search results will show up under the Search button. Check the box next to the number that you want to claim. The Number Type is listed to the right of each number.
- Click Claim Phone Numbers.
- Once you complete these steps, you will receive a message confirming that your phone number is claimed.
Filtering Phone Numbers
You can filter numbers by Availability, Porting Status, and Number Type.
You can filter phone numbers by their status as Assigned and Available.
- Assigned numbers are phone numbers that are already assigned to users.
- Available numbers are phone numbers that can be assigned out.
This filter allows you to see the porting progress of numbers you are porting into your 8x8 service.
- Porting Complete shows phone numbers that have successfully ported to your account.
- Porting Pending shows phone numbers that are currently in the process of being ported to your account.
- Porting Failed shows phone numbers that have not ported correctly to your account.
- Pre-Porting shows phone numbers that have been added in bulk to your account and flagged for porting.
This filter allows you to see phone numbers depending on whether they are listed as Toll-Free numbers or Regular numbers (i.e., phone numbers that are not listed as Toll-Free numbers). You are only able to view Toll-Free numbers if they are part of your service plan.
No Numbers Available
If you search for telephone numbers to claim in a particular country, and there are none available, then you will see the error message shown in the screenshot below - 'Sorry!None of the Phone numbers matched this search'. In the example below, we have 46 spare French licenses but there are 0 French telephone numbers available to claim.
In this case, please raise a case with our technical support team, via your 8x8 Support Portal, and let us know the following:
- Which country do you need numbers for?
- What is your local business address in this country?
- What type of numbers do you need? (Geographic / Toll Free)
- How many numbers do you need?
This information will then be passed to our Global Number Provisioning team, and we'll let you know if we need any additional information/documentation from you to proceed with obtaining the required numbers.