Description & Download
Virtual Office Desktop is a comprehensive unified communications application that integrates a business softphone with visual voicemail, corporate directory, instant messaging, presence, video calling, fax, call recording, and web conferencing—all in a standalone desktop application. Click the buttons below to Download Virtual Office Desktop for your Windows or Mac computer.
EXE version for per-user deployment: For users that have their own machines and can install upgrades on their own without their company controlling the updates they install. (Learn more.)
MSI for machine-wide installation: Installs VOD machine-wide to the Program Files folder. Best for companies that want to control the version that their users receive. (Learn more.) If the file downloads as a .exe, remove the .exe and try to download again.
What's new in this release?
Core & Voice
- Support for Google Contacts import. You no longer need to select a particular contact group to import, which simplifies and makes the import experience faster.
- The Google Talk integration was deprecated with the changes in Google Hangouts, so this is no longer available.
- Support added for search-by-contact Company field (not yet available for Outlook imported).
- Enhanced My Contacts list with Company - JobTitle under Name.
- Notification settings organized at the service level with more granularity.
- Setting to auto-start VO at desktop login (default is On).
- Desktop notifications for file downloads.
- Explicit reconnect timeout with Try Now override.
- Improvements to room creation flow.
- De-duplication for @mentions in case of directory collisions.
- Improvements to typing feedback.
- Resolves some issues with app stability.
- Daily check for updates not working.
- Memory leaks.
- Badge for new message not displayed after room is created.
- Call Using setting lost after VOD restart.
- Logging data not cleared on logout.
- VOD crash when entering meeting from narrow mode (intermittent).
- Increase font size for Mac using shortcut not working.
- Logout issues after using Google contacts import.
- Unable to make calls from VOD after it starts (intermittent).
- Dangling calls occur when call is terminated from the far end when Call Using is set to deskphone.
- Blank preview window displayed when joining a meeting while already in a meeting.
- Using Meet Now within a conversation window will send a meeting invite for a host configured for New Meetings Experience.
- Remove Meet Now from call menus for New Meetings Experience.
- Remove Meet Now button from in call > more options for New Meetings Experience.
- Meeting doesn't start full screen from File and System track.
- Cannot hang up a Held call from Active calls list.
- The most recent call in the active call UI does not show on the top of the list.
- Options (play, call, more) are displayed on Voicemails and Call recordings tab when bulk deleting items.
- All conversations in a room not loaded after reconnecting VOD.
- Meet Now invites not displaying in conversation window for the Host user.
- Meet Now is present for accounts with meeting disabled.
- [Windows only] Update available. Install & relaunch banner is not displayed.
- Voicemail & Call Recordings don't respect the selected audio output device.
- When updating from 6.1 to 6.2 using msi installers, cached user preferences persisted except Window positioning and Preferred audio and video devices: settings.
- Inviting new participants to a meeting through chat invites now work.
- Users on MAC OS X, VOD will no longer go be put into the App Nap mode that resulted in calls being missed.
- Previously cached user settings will be preserved on upgrading with MSI build except Audio/Video settings and last VOD main windows position. Note: Uninstalling and installing the new build will remove cached settings as expected.
- Upgrading from VOD 6.1 to 6.2 using MSI builds, will not remember cached Audio Video settings and VOD application windows position and size.
- On Windows, when uninstalling a previous version and installing VOD 6.2, a user may have to enter their login credentials twice on the login page.
- After installing VOD, trying to change the profile picture before the company contacts are loaded causes VOD to crash.
Workaround: Wait for the company contacts to load before trying to change your profile picture.
- VOD automatic update or updating from Help > Check for Updates on Windows does not work for versions between 6.3.0 (161) and 6.3.2 (4).
- Intermittent issue: If a caller info pop-up is set and the call is through a desk phone, when a call is received from an external number sometimes two browser windows open up.
Version 6.2.4 (4) published on 6/14/19.
Download for Windows
VOD provides two packages for Windows. The two packages are fundamentally different, using different deployment and update mechanisms. We recommend reading the following carefully before using either of them.
EXE Version for Per-User Deployment
The EXE version is meant for users that have their own machines and can install upgrades on their own without their company controlling the updates they install.
What to Consider
- EXE version will be installed to %LOCALAPPDATA%.
- Automatic updates are downloaded and installed for the user. In previous 5.x versions, users were prompted to install the update.
- No need for maintenance — VOD will keep itself up-to-date and secure.
- VOD will check for updates every time the user sign in or once every 24 hours or when they check for updates manually. The updates are downloaded in the background without user intervention
- If there is an update to be installed, VOD will apply the update automatically when the user signs into VOD. If the user has not installed an update three days after it was downloaded, they will see a Relaunch to Install banner. They can click the Relaunch to Install link and install the update.
MSI for Machine-Wide Installation
The Windows Installer file (MSI) package installs Virtual Office Desktop (VOD) machine-wide to the Program Files folder. By installing in the Program Files folder, it can be used by multiple users on one computer.
This package is best for companies that want to control the version that their users receive.
Download for Mac
Click the button below to download and install Virtual Office Desktop for macOS (DMG file).
- For issues with installation on Windows, try running Microsoft's Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter.
- After installing or starting Virtual Office Desktop, if you see an error message about a missing file such as MSVCR100.dll or mfc100.dll, click here to install the required file from Microsoft.