Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Microsoft Dynamics is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application, similar to Salesforce, NetSuite, or Bullhorn.
8x8 Work and 8x8 Contact Center users can integrate their phone service with Microsoft Dynamics.
Please see the online help guides linked below for configuration and use instructions.
- 8x8 Work (VO)
- 8x8 Contact Center (VCC)
- Microsoft Dynamics
Requirements and Limitations
- The integration must be installed by a Microsoft 365 service administrator.
- The required licensing level for Microsoft Dynamics is Enterprise or higher.
- Currently we only support the Dynamics 365 Sales solution. Support for Dynamics 365 Customer Service is currently planned for 2023.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM on-premises installations such as Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement are not supported.
- Only PC web browsers are officially supported: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge
- Use of Google Chrome is highly recommended.
- Single Sign-On (SSO):
- SSO is supported as of January 2023, although automatic login is not.
- SSO requires configuration between Microsoft Azure and 8x8 Admin Console.
- The integration can only be launched in a floating window.
- Supported Microsoft Dynamics objects:
- Lead (default is Off, must be enabled by agent)
- Activity (used for auto call log generation purposes)
- Automatic prompt for new object creation (Contact, Account, Lead) is not supported.
- Sandbox environment is supported. There is no specific configuration required for sandbox. However, according to Microsoft you must select Enable Dynamics 365 apps at the time of database provisioning, or you will receive an error when attempting to install applications such as the 8x8 integration. Please see this Microsoft article for details.
Note: Microsoft Dynamics Professional licensing is currently not supported. However, we are working to implement compatibility for this licensing level. At this time there is no ETA.
Please see the following online guides for installation and use instructions:
- 8x8 Integration for Microsoft Dynamics for Administrators
- This administrator's guide describes configuration for 8x8 Contact Center (VCC) and/or 8x8 Work (VO)
- 8x8 Contact Center for Microsoft Dynamics for Agents
- 8x8 Virtual Office (Work) for Microsoft Dynamics for Agents
We've provided the integration installation package below, if for some reason you must install the integration manually rather than from Microsoft's AppSource.