How to Prepare my 8x8 Phone System for a Holiday in Admin Console
Note: To prepare your 8x8 phone system for a holiday in Account Manager, the legacy version of 8x8 Admin Console, click here.
To prepare your 8x8 phone system for a holiday.
Will your business be closed or have reduced hours of operation during a holiday? 8x8 Admin Console easily allows you to prepare with temporary options to configure your voicemail, call forwarding, and Auto Attendant options while you are away (and restore for normal operations).
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Call Forwarding
- Auto Attendant
- Holiday Setup
Click below for detailed instructions on how to:
- Configure your extension voicemail and Ring Group voicemail.
- Determine how you will receive voicemail notifications for your extension, and set up a Ring Group voicemail greeting for the holiday.
- Configure your call forwarding.
- If you would like to direct calls to an alternate number during holidays, you can simply create and activate forwarding rules to automatically perform this handling.
- Configure your Auto Attendant(s).
- Your Auto Attendant is a powerful tool that offers an array of options for call handling in situations such as holidays or reduced hours of operation, including time-based greetings and routing.