When attempting to assign a license to a new or existing user in 8x8 Admin Console, you encounter the error Failed saving user settings.
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Suspended Licenses
- Licenses Assigned to Deactivated Users
Trying to assign an X6, X7, or X8 license to a Contact Center user? Click here for Contact Center-specific guidelines.
Check the Licenses page to make sure that the listed Unassigned licenses are not Suspended licenses.
- From the 8x8 Admin Console Home page, click Licenses.
- Click on the license type you're trying to assign.
- Click on the new line that appears under the license type.
- Uncheck the Assigned and Suspended checkmarks.
- If the only results show as Suspended without a user identified, you will need to order more licenses of that type.
- If there are Suspended licenses that are showing as assigned to a user, these licenses are assigned to deactivated users. To reclaim these licenses for use:
- Re-activate the user and remove the license from their profile.
- Deactivate the user once more.
- Assign the now-available license to the intended user.
Suspended licenses that are stuck on the account after a cancellation or upgrade request are causing that license type to appear in the dropdown menu. Suspended licenses are not allowed to be assigned to users.