Note: To activate your desk phones in Account Manager, a legacy version of 8x8 Admin Console, click here.
Activating a device in 8x8 Admin Console to use for 8x8 services.
- 8x8 Admin Console
Before You Begin!
You will need:
- The phone(s) you’ll be activating.
- The email with your login credentials.
- A User Profile with a license assigned that will be associated with the device.
- A phone number claimed or ported and assigned to the user.
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it easily via the(click for details)login page .Callstack: at (cloud-phone-service/voice/admin-console/setup/users/how-do-i-activate-my-ata-devices-in-8x8-admin-console), /content/body/div/blockquote/table/tbody/tr/td/p/a/span, line 1, column 1
Only one physical phone can be activated per extension.
Log in to 8x8 Admin Console. Before you begin, create a user profile and ensure that the device you wish to activate is added to the Devices List on your account. To add a device, Go to Devices > Add a Device Model and select your device from the drop-down.
- Click Users.
- Select an available 8x8 Admin Console Services license according to the plan you have purchased from 8x8.
- Go to Voice Basic Settings.
- Enter or Suggest an extension.
- Select the device model type depending on your use case for the ATA.
- Analog Fax Device - Used when connecting the device to a fax machine.
- Analog Voice Device - Used when connecting the device to an analog phone.
- Overhead Paging Device - Used when connecting the device to an overhead paging amplifier.
- Click Select the ATA terminal.
- Click Add new terminal and give it a unique name.
- Click Add Device.
- MAC Address: Enter your device's MAC Address.
- Click Save to confirm your changes. your device will be activated once the user is saved.
- Restart or Connect your adapter and allow ~10 minutes for the device to download its configuration file.