Note: To create a Barge Monitor Whisper group in Account Manager, the legacy version of Admin Console, click here.
To create a Barge-Monitor-Whisper group(s) in Admin Console.
- Admin Console
- Barge Monitor Whisper
- Log in to Admin Console.
- Click Barge Monitor Whisper Groups.
- Click + Create BMW Group.
- Enter the group Name.
- Select the Site to which you are assigning this group.
- Note: Your site must have at least one admin assigned a Virtual Office Editions X6 or higher license, or an X Series X4 or higher license.
- Select the Group Admins. These are the users who can join and monitor the call.
- Click the + or x keys to add or delete admins in the group.
- Click the toggles to:
- Play Monitor Tone: This plays a beep when the admin starts monitoring the call.
- Enable a Required Password: This requires admins to provide a password before monitoring the call.
- Search for Members by first name, last name, or email address. These extensions can be monitored or receive private messages while on a call.
- Click Save.
Virtual Office Barge Service allows enabled Admin extensions to optionally monitor any active call in your 8x8 phone system; "whisper" exclusively to the extension user being monitored (without the other party hearing); and actively join the call, making it a three-way conference.
Admin can monitor only one call at a time, as while monitoring a call, should not use the hold function and Hot desk function.
Individual extensions must be enabled for this service by an account administrator. Barge services are only available with Virtual Office Editions X6 or higher licenses, or X Series X4 or higher licenses. (Only extensions directly associated with a desk phone or softphone may be enabled for this service.)