To generate a text file with the results of a Ping & Trace Route tests from the command prompt for further investigation.
- Ping and Trace Route
- Create a folder for the results to be saved, and take note of the file location.
- Open Command Prompt.
- Windows Key.
- Type CMD.
- Press Enter.
- When the CMD window is open, type one of the following and press enter to start.
- Normal Ping - ping [IP Address] >[File Location]\pingresults.txt
- Continuous Ping - ping [IP Address] -t >[File Location]\pingresults.txt
- This will need a command to be pressed in order for it to stop, Ctrl+C.
- Trace route - tracert [IP Address] >[File Location] \tracert.txt
When the procedures have completed all the results will be saved into a text file in the location stated.
- Send the results to 8x8 for further investigation through your open Support Case.