Adding contacts to the directory in VO Configuration Manager.
- Virtual Office Configuration Manager
Adding Individual Contacts
- Log in to the Virtual Office Configuration Manager.
- Navigate to the User page and click Create user.
- Fill in the following required fields:
- First name
- Last Name
- Email - If you don't have the contact's email, use a fake email. e.g. email@example.com
- Site - The business location this contact will correspond to. If you have multiple sites, this can be used in conjunction with Directory Scope to only show the contact in certain sites.
- Username - Should auto populate. This will not allow the contact to login to your system or notify the contact in any way unless you add a license.
- Fill in the following optional fields if needed:
- Contact Directory Scope - This controls who within your company can see the Contact.
- Job Title
- Personal Contact Number
- Click Save.
Adding a List of Contacts
- Log into the Virtual Office Configuration Manager.
- Navigate to the User page and Click Bulk Upload.
- Click download advanced .CSV template.
- Open the downloaded file in Excel.
- Fill In the required fields starting in row 3:
- User.FirstName - First name of the contact
- User.LastName - Last name of the contact
- User.Email - Contacts email address If you don't have the contact's email, use a fake email EX: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User.Site - The business location this contact will correspond to if you have multiple sites. This can be used in conjunction with Directory Scope to only show the contact in certain sites.
- Fill in the Optional fields as needed starting in row 3:
- User.Title - Job title for the contact
- User.MobileNumber - Phone number for the contact
- User.Department - Department for the contact
- Save the file (as .CSV).
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to get back to the Bulk Upload page.
- Click the circle to browse your system and select the file you filled out.
- Click Save, the screen may spin for a while.
If you encounter any errors, create a case with 8x8 Technical Support for assistance.
After having a contact list but not able to see the contact, click here for further instructions on how to display the contacts in Configuration Manager.