Note: To create a Barge Monitor Whisper group in Account Manager, the legacy version of Virtual Office Configuration Manager, click here.
To create a Barge-Monitor-Whisper group(s) in Configuration Manager.
- Configuration Manager
- Barge Monitor Whisper
- Log in to Configuration Manager.
- Click Barge Monitor Whisper Groups.
- Click + Create BMW Group.
- Enter the group Name.
- Select the Site to which you are assigning this group.
- Note: Your site must have at least one admin assigned a Virtual Office Editions X6 or higher license, or an X Series X4 or higher license.
- Select the Group Admins. These are the users who can join and monitor the call.
- Click the + or x keys to add or delete admins in the group.
- Click the toggles to:
- Play Monitor Tone: This plays a beep when the admin starts monitoring the call.
- Enable a Required Password: This requires admins to provide a password before monitoring the call.
- Search for Members by first name, last name, or email address. These extensions can be monitored or receive private messages while on a call.
- Click Save.
Virtual Office Barge Service allows enabled Admin extensions to optionally monitor any active call in your 8x8 phone system; "whisper" exclusively to the extension user being monitored (without the other party hearing); and actively join the call, making it a three-way conference.
Individual extensions must be enabled for this service by an account administrator. Barge services are only available with Virtual Office Editions X6 or higher licenses, or X Series X4 or higher licenses. (Only extensions directly associated with a desk phone or softphone may be enabled for this service.)